Aiden is all about the superheroes these days. As soon as Nolan joined our family I knew Dash and Baby Jack Jack would be the perfect Halloween costumes for my boys.
This is how I made our DIY Incredibles costumes using items you already have or will use again.
I am not a fan of pre-made Halloween costumes. I would much rather spend money on items that will be used more than just one night. Plus, I like the idea that the costumes are a little less obvious and more creative. Every part of these DIY Incredibles costumes is something that my kids will wear again. The only thing we had to make was the superhero mask.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you.
DIY Incredibles Costumes: Supplies Needed for Dash
- Incredibles logo short sleeve t-shirt
- Red sweatpants
- Black long sleeve t-shirt
- Black gloves
- Black rainboots
- Black briefs
DIY Incredibles Costumes: Supplies Needed for Jack Jack
DIY Incredibles Costumes: Supplies Needed for your Super Hero Masks
How to Make your Incredibles Super Hero Mask
- Trace mask shape on black felt
- Cut mask out and place it on your child’s face to make sure the eye placements are correct
- Use the mask to trace and cut a second mask
- Place the black elastic between the two masks and hold it up to your childs face. Measure the elastic so that it’s a little tight.
- Glue the masks together with the elastic between and then sew over the elastic to reinforce it.
Not into making a mask? Check out these on Etsy.
Aiden was so excited to dress up as Dash and he really got a kick out of Nolan being Jack Jack. He can’t wait to go Trick or Treating in his DIY Incredibles costume this year.
Don’t forget to check out our daily adventures on Instagram and Facebook. You can also join my mailing list to receive periodic updates and bonus content.