I am so happy that fall is coming. It is my favorite season — bring on all the pumpkins, apples, and fall foliage. I couldn’t resist the opportunity to set up a fun fall photo shoot with baby Nolan and I even got a few of both boys. This is how to create a pumpkin milk bath photo shoot.
Adorable Fall Baby Photo Shoot Ideas: a Pumpkin Milk Bath
Did you know pumpkins float? We used real pumpkins in our milk bath which was actually water and cornstarch. We did our bath outside since Nolan loves to splash and if you use a galvanized bucket, like we did, they have a tendency to leak. Luckily it was in the low 90’s the day we did our milk bath — Mother Nature apparently hasn’t gotten the fall memo yet!
How to create your Fall Pumpkin Milk Bath Photo Shoot
Supplies Needed for your Fall Baby Photo Shoot:
- Galvanized bucket — We got ours from Michael’s. Keep in mind if it’s not coated you will need to dry it thouroughly after the pictures so it doesn’t rust.
- Pumpkins and gourds
- Swim Diaper (Optional)
Instructions to Prepare for your Fall Baby Photo Shoot:
- Fill the bucket with warm water up to the chest (roughly 2 gallons).
- Add cornstarch slowly and stir well until you like the look (about 1 cup).
- Add baby to the water — make sure you have someone close enough to grab him if he slips. You could also add a hand towel to the bottom of the bucket if it is slippery.
- Add the pumpkins and gourds as you like.
- Take lots of pictures
I took a bunch of just Nolan and then had Aiden join in the fun. He sat outside the bucket on a towel so he wouldn’t get super wet. When we were done we had a towel ready to warm and dry Nolan, then we gave him a real bath to make sure all the cornstarch was removed.
The pumpkin milk bath was a simple Fall baby photo shoot and created some really sweet pictures to celebrate fall.
If you try out this pumpkin milk bath with your little one I would love to see the pictures!
If you liked this Fall photo shoot post check out our pumpkin themed pregnancy announcement.