I can’t believe the time has come to think about toddler Easter baskets. Easter is April 1 this year, so it’s right around the corner, and that means Spring is also around the corner and I am so happy about that! The little guy and I took our weekly trip to Target last week and I was so inspired by all the fun dollar section basket items that I basically put his basket together on the spot.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are included in this post. This means if you make a purchase using a link in this blog I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you.
I don’t like to put a lot of junk in the little guy’s basket, mainly because we don’t have space in our townhouse for a lot of stuff so I try to get creative with some 2 year old Easter basket ideas.
2 Year Old Easter Basket Ideas:
- Re-Play tableware set — We can always use plates, utensils, and bowls and we are a big fan of Re-Play (read more here). These Spring colors are perfect for including in a toddler Easter basket.
- Bubbles — We are still obsessed with bubbles over here. In fact, I am pretty sure the little guy is most excited about Spring so that he can play with bubbles again. I found a cute bunny bubble wand in the dollar section of Target that is perfect for the basket. Here is a similar option.
- Felt matching game — We are always looking for fun games and toys that are also educational. This felt matching game is perfect and so inexpensive! I plan to keep in in our diaper bag so when we go out we can pull it out if we need something to entertain (distract) him with.
- Hop tee — I always put a tee in his Easter basket. This one from Follow Your Arrow is SO cute! I also love this decal. Last year, we put it on a sippy cup for his basket.
- Finger Paint Soap — One of our little guy’s favorite things to do is paint so when I saw these bathtub finger paint soaps it was a no-brainer. I like to include some kind of bath activity in his basket because bath toys tend to get gross fast (last year we put bathtub crayons in his basket). I think he is going to love these.
- Bug Catcher — So this was another dollar section find and I just couldn’t resist buying it. It doesn’t really fit in the basket but that’s OK. It’s super cute and I think the little guy is going to have so much fun with it (with Dan 😆 )
- Apron — We have been really into cooking with Aiden lately so it’s about time he got his own apron to help contain the mess! It’s not pictured because we ordered from Etsy and it isn’t in yet, but it is so super cute! We got the one that features cities of the world.
That’s it for our Easter basket this year. It was not expensive at all to put together and I have a Target RedCard so I saved even more and it links to my bank account so I don’t have to worry about paying it off each month.
Have you started to think about Easter? What are your favorite 2 year old Easter basket ideas?