I can’t believe the time has come to think about toddler Easter baskets. Easter is April 1 this year, so it’s right around the corner, and that means Spring is also around the corner and I am so happy about that! The little guy and I took our weekly trip to Target last week and I was so inspired by all the fun dollar section basket items that I basically put his basket together on the spot.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are included in this post. This means if you make a purchase using a link in this blog I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you.
I don’t like to put a lot of junk in the little guy’s basket, mainly because we don’t have space in our townhouse for a lot of stuff so I try to get creative with what goes in the basket.
This is what we put in our Toddler Easter basket:
- Re-Play tableware set — We can always use plates, utensils, and bowls and we are a big fan of Re-Play (read more here). These Spring colors are perfect for including in a toddler Easter basket.
- Bubbles — We are still obsessed with bubbles over here. In fact, I am pretty sure the little guy is most excited about Spring so that he can play with bubbles again. I found a cute bunny bubble wand in the dollar section of Target that is perfect for the basket. Here is a similar option.
- Felt matching game — We are always looking for fun games and toys that are also educational. This felt matching game is perfect and so inexpensive! I plan to keep in in our diaper bag so when we go out we can pull it out if we need something to entertain (distract) him with.
- Hop tee — I always put a tee in his Easter basket. This one from Follow Your Arrow is SO cute! I also love this decal. Last year, we put it on a sippy cup for his basket.
- Finger Paint Soap — One of our little guy’s favorite things to do is paint so when I saw these bathtub finger paint soaps it was a no-brainer. I like to include some kind of bath activity in his basket because bath toys tend to get gross fast (last year we put bathtub crayons in his basket). I think he is going to love these.
- Bug Catcher — So this was another dollar section find and I just couldn’t resist buying it. It doesn’t really fit in the basket but that’s OK. It’s super cute and I think the little guy is going to have so much fun with it (with Dan 😆 )
That’s it for our Easter basket this year. It was not expensive at all to put together and I have a Target RedCard so I saved even more and it links to my bank account so I don’t have to worry about paying it off each month.
Have you started to think about Easter? What are your favorite items to put in a toddler Easter basket?