So this is a little late, but the holiday season has been busy and it took us a little time to notify our friends, family, and work about some exciting news in the Castan house. I figured better late than never and since it is still technically fall I wanted to share our Halloween pregnancy announcement!
Aiden will be a big brother in April 2019! We aren’t sure he believes us yet, but that is for a different post 🙂
I put together this Halloween pregnancy announcement to share with our friends and family and I thought I would share it here in case anyone has a future spring baby and wants to use the idea!
How to create a boo-tiful Halloween pregnancy announcement:
- We purchased a medium-ish large pumpkin at Cox farms, a local pumpkin patch. I asked them if I could carve the pumpkin and bring it back which they were actually really excited about. I just left the “paid” sticker on the pumpkin when I brought it back just in case.
- We carved BABY into the medium pumpkin and used the cutouts to represent our new addition. Note: Keep the cutouts in the refrigerator if you won’t be taking the picture right away.
- My mom helped me make a beautiful chalkboard sign.
- We brought the carved pumpkin back to the pumpkin patch on a weekday morning (when it wasn’t super busy) and found two more pumpkins. One larger than the carved pumpkin (to represent dad) and a small toddler sized-pumpkin for Aiden.
- I took a few pictures of just the pumpkins and my mom came along to take a couple family pictures (but you could also use a tripod).
Get ready for lots of pregnancy content coming soon!
How did you share your pregnancy? I would love to hear in the comments!