I can’t believe Valentine’s Day is next week! I know Valentine’s Day sometimes has a bad rap, but I actually love showing a little extra love to my favorite people on Valentine’s Day! Plus, it is a great opportunity to do cute crafts with the little guy. Today, I am sharing an easy Valentine’s Day craft for toddlers to make for mom.
Disclosure: Affiliate links are included in this post. This means if you make a purchase using a link in this blog I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you.
I was browsing Target when I came across this stainless steel water bottle. I am always in need of a water bottle so I thought it would be a perfect thing for Aiden to decorate with finger paints — which is one of his favorite things to do. We used his fingers to make hearts and then wrote a little inspirational message for when I work out. We sealed the bottle so it’s water resistant. The bottle is hand wash anyway so I only use it for water so I don’t have to worry about scrubbing the outside.
The best part about this Valentine’s Day craft is that it is made with materials you most likely already have. I personally like the messy look of the hearts, but you could also outline the hearts with a fine point sharpie for a cleaner look.
This is how we made our Valentine’s Day craft
- Matte stainless steel water bottle (mine is in store only so here is an alternative if it’s not at your store)
- Finger paint (this is my favorite, it’s tip-proof)
- Mod Podge Super Gloss
- Paintbrush (I use this set because it has paintbrushes for every activity)
- Wash and dry the water bottle.
- Help your toddler dunk his finger in paint and place two finger prints to create a heart shape.
- Touch up any drips or smudges as you go with wipes.
- Let the paint completely dry (I left it overnight).
- Write a little inspirational message with a Sharpie.
- Once the Sharpie is completely dry use the Mod Podge to seal the paint. I did not wait so my message smudged a little. When using the Mod Podge it’s very important to apply in one direction and not overwork.
- It takes 4-weeks to cure. Once cured it can be washed with a damp cloth.
Here is a quick video of all the steps!
Do you go all out for Valentine’s Day? What do you think of this easy Valentine’s Day Craft? Let me know in the comments!
P.S. Love Aiden’s tee? Check it out over at Cuddle Sleep Dream, and use Aiden12 to save!