This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #MorningStarFarms #MakeRoomOnYourGrill
We are definitely meat lovers in our house. However, in the last few years, I have been cutting my meat intake and helping my family do the same. We started doing meatless Mondays several months ago. It has been a bit of a challenge to find filling, delicious, and easy-to-make veggie cuisine for my meat-loving husband and picky toddler. I was really excited to learn about the new MorningStar® Farms Meat Lovers Burgers which are now available at Walmart! Keep reading for my meatless Monday dinner recipe details below and a shopping list printable!
I wasn’t sure if my husband would go for a veggie burger, but it’s a Meat Lovers Burger so I thought that was something he would be into. The Meat Lovers Burgers have a “beef-like” taste and texture that packs 27 grams of positive Plant Based Protein. To be honest, if I didn’t know it was a veggie burger I might not be able to tell the difference. Even Dan agreed it was delicious and our toddler loved it too. I topped the burger with guacamole and paired it with yummy grilled vegetables and Aiden helped me make some tortilla chips while the burgers were cooking.
I work from home most days but go into the office at least once a week. On the days I go to the office, I have zero time to make a complicated meal (or, really, even an uncomplicated one!). Typically, I will shop online for whatever ingredients I need while I am at work and pick them up on the way home. I have a Walmart on the way home so it’s quick and easy for me to drop by the Walmart Online Grocery Pickup.
Once I’m home I get to work cooking. I have about two hours to get dinner done before the little guy has to go to bed so I love quick and easy recipes. It doesn’t take much time or effort to put a Meat Lovers Burger and some veggies on the grill. It’s really an “as-is” meal solution. Since Aiden is very much still in the attention seeking phase I usually get him to help me make a side while everything is cooking. This gets him involved in the cooking, keeps him happy and busy, and encourages him to eat different things. The guacamole I make to top the burgers only requires three ingredients and takes about 5-minutes to make.
How our Meatless Monday Dinner comes together:
Three Ingredient Guacamole
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Tsp. Cumin
- Cilantro (optional — we grow Cilantro and I love adding it to my Guacamole)
- Cut the Avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Juice the lemon.
- Add the inside of the avocado to a bowl along with the lemon juice, cumin, and optional cilantro.
- Mash everything together with a spoon.
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Red Peppers
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Cut the vegetables in quarters and add to a bowl.
- Lightly coat the vegetables with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Wrap the vegetables in tin foil.
- Cook on the grill on indirect heat for 5-8 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Top with a little balsamic vinegar.
Toddler-Friendly Tortilla Chips
- 1 3/4 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the warm water to the bowl and knead to create a dough.
- Cut the dough and roll into 8 small balls.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough balls as flat as possible.
- Add each flattened dough piece to a hot skillet for 15 seconds to create a tortilla.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the tortillas into eight triangles.
- Add parchment paper to a cookie sheet and add the tortilla triangles to the cookie sheet.
- Brush the melted butter over the triangles with a pastry brush and sprinkle salt over the tortilla triangles.
- Bake for 10-minutes.
This entire Monday dinner takes about 30-minutes to make and it is delicious and filling — perfect for busy working moms to whip up on a weeknight. It makes Meatless Monday dinner easy to accomplish! I created this free PDF printable shopping list to keep you organized — you can use it in store, or if you order online for your own personal use.
Interested in learning more about MorningStar Farms? The MorningStar Farms Burger Bar Truck will be driving around to visit Walmart stores around the country, click below to see if they are coming to a Walmart near you!
Check out this Ibotta offer for savings on your MorningStar Farms frozen veggie burger purchase.
If you liked this post check out How to Make the Perfect Sous Vide Summer Ice Coffee Recipe and Awesome Fruit Popsicle Recipes Your Toddler Will Absolutely Love This Summer.