Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IndulgenceDoneRight #CollectiveBias
As parents Dan and I find it hard sometimes to find time to spend together so I have learned to get creative in our dates. Sometimes it’s the little things like trips to the store or running errands that can be turned into a fun day date. Now that the fall is here one of my favorite ways to get out of the house and sneak in a quick day date is to make a coffee and visit one of our local farmer’s markets.
I work from home four days a week so typically on Wednesdays Dan will drop Aiden off at home care while I make quick lattes to go. Dan picks me up and we head to the Farmer’s Market. I love looking at the changing foliage, walking through the crunchy leaves, and all the pumpkins, gourds, and Halloween decorations. It’s the perfect opportunity for us to talk while shopping for fresh produce and fun holiday decor — not to mention the apple cider donuts.
We found Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half at our local Wal-Mart and I knew it would be perfect for a latte. It is an extra indulgent Half & Half made with real milk and cream. Buttercream always reminds me of the fall and my favorite holiday treats so the opportunity to add it to my coffee sounds great to me! The Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half makes a perfect flavored foam which characterizes the latte plus add a little heavy cream and it makes a wonderful flavored whipped cream. You can also use it in a hot chocolate if you aren’t into coffee or want to make it for little ones.
Day-date Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half Latte Recipe
- Mason Jar
- To-go ceramic mugs
- Standing Mixer
Ingredients (Coffee and Whipped Cream):
1. 10 oz. of your favorite espresso coffee blend
2. 1 cup Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half (1/2 for foam and 1/2 for whipped cream)
3. 1/4 cup heavy cream
4. Dash ground cinnamon
5. Dash ground nutmeg
- Brew your favorite coffee or espresso (I brewed 10 oz of our favorite espresso coffee blend)
- Pour 1/2 cup Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half in a mason jar
- Seal the jar and shake vigorously for 30-40 seconds. The mixture should have doubled in volume (if it did not, shake vigorously for 30 more seconds)
- Uncover the mason jar and microwave for 30 seconds
- Pour the desired amount of the Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half into the coffee then spoon the foam on top of your coffee
Directions Whipped Cream:
- Pour 1/2 cup Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half into a standing mixer
- Add 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Whip on high until peaks hold (looks whipped not liquid)
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on top of the coffee
- Put a dash of Nutmeg and a dash of Cinnamon on top of the whipped cream
If you don’t love coffee or want to make a tasty treat for little ones to make this a family day out sub out the coffee for your favorite hot chocolate.
The Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half is so good that I have been adding it to my regular coffee each day too! It is an extra rich blend of real milk and cream for the perfect morning coffee.