I have been on a mission to find as many ways to workout as possible with my toddler. It’s just the easiest way for me to ensure I get a workout in with my busy schedule. This month I am sharing how to incorporate a bosu ball in a mom and toddler workout. In this case, Dan was home so we actually did a whole family workout with the Bosu.
If you aren’t familiar with a Bosu ball, it’s basically a half inflatable workout ball with a flat plastic/rubber bottom. It’s one of my favorite exercise devices because it is versatile and fun. It helps with everything from strength training to ab work to balance. The little guy loves it because he can bounce 😆
Please be advised that I am not a personal trainer, and the intention of this post is not to teach you how to do the exercises. If you don’t have basic knowledge of these exercises, you should visit a professional before starting. Additionally, if you are entering a newly active lifestyle, you should consult a physician before starting a new workout routine.
This workout is perfect for leg day. It targets the legs and abs. For the lunge portion, I used Aiden as a weight so that I got some arm work in. Depending on his mood, sometimes he will actually do the workout and sometimes he just wants to watch or run around. Either way, I love exposing him to a healthy lifestyle.
Bosu Ball Mom and Toddler Workout
- Side Lunges — Three to four sets as many reps as you can within 30-seconds to 1-minute (depending on how you feel that day!)
- Mountain Climbers — Three to four sets as many reps as you can within 30-seconds to 1-minute (depending on how you feel that day!)
- Lunges — Three to four sets as many reps as you can within 30-seconds to 1-minute (depending on how you feel that day!)
- Crunches on the Bosu for abs — Three to four sets as many reps as you can within 30-seconds to 1-minute (depending on how you feel that day!)
- Don’t forget to take 30-seconds to 1-minute break between each set.
Here is a quick video of our Bosu Ball mom and toddler workout
Do you have a favorite Bosu ball workout? Do you ever do a Mom and Toddler Workout? I would love to hear about it in the comments.
If you liked this post check out One of The Best At-Home Workouts for Moms With Toddler and Using Pinterest for Workout Ideas While on a Business Trip.
Thanks to Source Core Studio for allowing me to use their space since my house is a mess 🙂