The hunger is real this pregnancy. Now that I am nearing the end of the second trimester it seems I am hungry all the time. It doesn’t help that due to a pregnancy complication I can’t do much activity so I am not working out. Trying to watch my weight gain, but still making sure I am eating enough has been a challenge especially when I am running around after a toddler and working full time. Thankfully, I have found some amazing pregnancy snacks that are perfect for on the go moms like me and I thought I would share them here!
It can be difficult to find pregnancy snacks on the go that aren’t full of sugar, sodium, or a ton of calories. That’s why I was thrilled to discover Thrive Market. I joined the online delivery service because they have great organic and healthy snacks at discounted prices. Of course, you can get many of these at your local grocery store, but I’ve found Thrive is quite a bit cheaper than the grocery store. I love that you can search by different diets as well (ie; Paleo, Keto, Gluten Free).
Here are my favorite pregnancy snacks on the go:
- Brown Rice Stackers — I ate a ton of rice cakes during my first pregnancy. I actually keep a package in my room for when I wake up starving in the middle of the night. They are also good as a mid-morning snack with some almond butter and apple slices. They are thinner than normal rice cakes and come in packages of 4-5 so they are much easier to take on the go. On days I am craving salt I reach for these.
- Original Dark Chocolate Coconut Clusters — Sometimes I crave sugar and salt. When that happens sometimes I reach for these dark chocolate clusters. They are SO good and they only have 5 grams of sugar. The good thing about these is that I can usually eat a couple and then I am good. I don’t need to eat a full 1/4 cup serving. It comes in a small resealable bag so it’s easy to throw in a lunch box or purse.
- Maple Sugar and Sea Salt Pumpkin Seeds — I am so glad I found these they are amazing. They are a great tasting protein-packed snack. I love that you can eat them on their own or sometimes I add them to Chobani Less Sugar Greek Yogurt yogurt to give it a little extra flavor. It also comes in a small resealable bag so easy to take on the go.
- Chobani® Less Sugar Greek Yogurt — This is not something I get at Thrive Market, but I wanted to throw it on the list. Greek yogurt is a good way to get some healthy fat which you need during pregnancy, but the sugar typically found in Greek Yogurt is not ideal. This yogurt is the best tasting reduced sugar yogurt I’ve had, plus it has a good amount of protein.
- Kind Minis — These are the best granola bars. At only 100 calories they are a great bite-sized pregnancy snack on the go. They have very little sugar or sodium but taste great. They also have a good amount of fiber. I love the Dark Chocolate Nuts Sea Salt & Caramel Almond Sea Salt Minis.