I like to know what I am getting into before starting anything — and parenting was no different! I read so many parenting books before Aiden was born.
Affiliate links are included, which means if you make a purchase I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only write about products I love. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp — If you are not a reader and don’t really think you need any books, please get this one. It might save your life, it definitely saved mine! This book describes the 5 s’s and will help you calm your baby and get him/her to sleep.
- Bringing Up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman — This book has lots of practical advice on how to raise a well-behaved child and not a brat. It is more like a story and it’s funny.
- Babywise by Gary Ezzo and Robert Buckman — We decided to go the feed/sleep schedule route and it has worked really well for our family. We use the feed, wake, sleep method from this book.
- Work, Pump, Repeat by Jessica Shortall — If you are a working mama and will be pumping at work I definitely recommend this book! It has lots of practical advice and useful tips.
- The Sh!t No One Tells You by Dawn Dais — This book is hilarious. I read it AFTER I had Aiden and it was even funnier. This is a great read for those nights you are up feeding baby.
- The New Basics: A-Z Baby & Child Care for the Modern Parent by Michel Cohen — This book is by a New York City Pediatrician from France. He writes about just about anything you can think of related to taking care of a baby or toddler. He is candid and funny.
- What to Eat When You’re Pregnant by Dr. Nicole Avena — I like this one because instead of telling you what NOT to eat, it gives you ideas for what you SHOULD eat. Each week has its own food highlighted plus a few recipes and the reasons why the particular food is good for baby’s development during that week.
What books do you recommend?